Friday, July 24, 2009

Kountry Korner Cafe

On the way back from Big Sky last night, my friend and I stopped at an old-timey cafe called Kountry Korner.

You wouldn't think to look at its simple exterior, but it has some really great food inside. Being too busy eating, I didn't take a photo of my chef's salad. It was mostly chopped toppings (tomatoes, eggs, ham, 2 kinds of cheese, and I forget what all), with the minimal lettuce foundation being a wonderfully up-to-date mixture of many exotic salad greens.

The cafe has been in the area for years, and the friendly waitress made sure I saw all the interior highlights, including an old stove used as part of the salad bar and a very old bar located in a large dining area in back.


When I exclaimed over the cute menu covers, hand-colored by children, the waitress explained that they encourage young customers to color in a seasonal picture, and the results are inserted into the menus. Before I knew what was happening, she had whipped out some crayons for me and away I went. I think I even stayed in the lines.


Kountry Korner Cafe
Four Corners
81820 Gallatin Road
Bozeman

No comments:

Post a Comment