Friday, September 4, 2009

West Glacier market

Ah! Glacier National Park! Before going to the market I took a 3-hour tour of the park in a Red Bus. Here you see me at our rest stop at Logan Pass, 6,646 feet high. (The bus was full, of course, for the actual tour.) I highly recommend this way to see the park, which has many narrow roads and views you don't want to miss.

The town of West Glacier is near the western entrance to the park and is a cozy grouping of stores selling things you'll want for hiking or picnicking.

The farmers market is in a convenient location, and you'll find plenty of snacks or even dinner after your adventures in the park.


Another great feature of this market is the weekly musical accompaniment.

I've been to enough markets now that I recognize some vendors when they appear at another. Dora was at the Whitefish market, and I was happy to see her again with her granola and granola bars. Dora can't eat sunflower seeds and so she makes her products without these. They are very tasty, and I had to buy some more fruit-and-nut bars.

As I was focusing my camera on a sign, I heard someone ask me, "Weren't you at the Big Sky market taking pictures?" Big Sky is near Bozeman, so we were both a long way from home, so to speak. It turns out that the mother of Maria (right) started the West Glacier market, and this couple were in town visiting her. It's a small world, especially in Montana.


You'll really like this market for its location (you have to visit the park while you're here) and the relaxing atmosphere. Not to mention, naturally, the great food and interesting people.


West Glacier Farmers Market
Between post office and West Glacier Gift Shop
June 19 - September 4
Friday, 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to know that you're being recognized, Mary! And it was wonderful to see YOU in front of the camera. Keep up the good work -- it IS good, my friend!

    ReplyDelete