Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Laurel market

Tamales! Yum!

I visited this market last year on its last day of the season and there wasn't much going on, but boy I sure do remember the tamale I bought and ate!

These are made fresh each market day and are still warm as you decide between pork or turkey. They are generously filled with strips of green pepper, tomato, potato, and onion.

Other vendors had lots of produce (there was much jostling in the line for early corn; I walked on by) and plenty of baked goods, including cinnamon rolls ("I'll be selling these in my new bakery soon"), wedding kuchen (grandma's recipe), and bread ("we grind our own flour from whole wheat").

There were also a few crafts, but it's nice to see a market living up to its farmer moniker.

If you can't decide which market to go to when you visit Montana, why not stop here and pick up a tamale? I do highly recommend them!


Laurel Farmers Market and Craft Show
Firemen's Memorial Park, Second Avenue and West First Street
July 8 - September 30
Wednesday, 4 pm - dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment