Saturday, April 12, 2014

Good-bye to winter

What do brownies, garlic, and heart-shaped dog biscuits have in common?

They were all found at the last-of-the-season Bozeman Winter Farmers Market today.

Wrapped in the invigorating aroma of fresh-roasted coffee from Little Red Wagon and surrounded by live music from a solo guitarist, about 20 vendors displayed wares that included bright spring greens, goat cheese, jams and jellies, hand-knit socks, soap, and, well, a whole lot more.

I didn't go as an investigative reporter, I just wanted to meet everyone and see what the last market of winter looked like.

As usual, I found people excited about their products and already planning for summer markets.

Many of the vendors will be at the Gallatin Valley Farmers Market and/or the Bogert market. Others are going to Big Sky, Belgrade, Livingston, or Manhattan.

I was excited to learn about a new market open for the first time last year in Three Forks. Watch for a report this summer!

I am also making plans to improve this blog and my website at yummymontana.com. I will be introducing you to vendors and showing you around some of the farms and ranches. Every one of the vendors I meet has an amazing story to tell. Any of them who want to share that story will be heard here.

Check the list of Montana farmers markets as I update it and make plans to shop local this summer, or at least look for made-in-Montana products -- there are a lot of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment