Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Coeur d'Alene farmers market

Yes, Coeur d'Alene is in Idaho, and I was there . . . on my way to visit the Washington coast.

This thriving market is two blocks long right in the middle of town. There are plenty of vegetables and other food stuffs, such as artisan bread, oven-baked pizza, and cupcakes (!!!).

The cupcakes, made fresh each market day by Shawna of Sweet B Cupcakes, are amazing. If you are anywhere near this market, stop by to grab one. Or get every flavor. I wish now I had stocked up, but at the time I was in a hurry and only bought the Good Morning, Cupcake (bacon-studded maple variety). It really tastes like bacon and pancakes, only better, because it is a cupcake. (yay!)


While I think blissful thoughts of that lovely treat, here are some photos you can look at, a kind of stroll through the market, keeping in mind that there were lots more veggies.


5th Street, between Sherman and Front
May 12 - September 29
Wednesday, 4 pm - 7 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment